5 Simple Ways To Love Your Husband Well
When my husband and I first started dating I was always trying to find creative ways to let him know I was really into him.
As our relationship grew into love I tried even harder to show how much I loved him by doing the little things. Love notes just because, mushy text messages, framed pictures of us, special date nights, etc.
As the years continued we married, blended our children, and life got super busy. So busy that we stopped taking the time to do those little things as reminders that we were still into one another.
Can you relate?
I wondered how we could stay connected when we were busy with jobs, kids, housework and homework? How was I going to love my husband well when we were both so busy?
I decided as a wife, it was my responsibility to do what I could to make sure my husband knew I loved and appreciated him. I decided to create a list of creative ways to show him love every day – and you might be surprised that these are simple things that do not include gifts, trips, or pre-planning.
Here is what I came up with.
1. Thank Him. Having a heart of gratitude toward your husband can do wonders for your relationship. Thank your husband for all things big and small. Just to make sure he is paying attention – try following up a ‘thank you’ with a sweet kiss.
2. Show Him Kindness. Showing your husband kindness is an action that is a blend of goodness, love, and forgiveness just as Ephesians 4:32 instructs. It’s pretty simple but we easily forget to just…be nice.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 NIV
3. Study Him. I was out doing my normal Saturday morning shopping and I saw “The Five Love Languages” book sitting on a bookstand. I had heard about the book but never read it so I purchased it and gave it to my husband. It was a gift I packaged as a present to the both of us. Learning our love languages has helped us focus on the different ways we give and receive love from one another.
4. Pray For Him. The best way to truly love your husband well is by going to battle for him in prayer. Find the verse in the bible that speaks to the needs of your husband and apply them to your prayers for him daily.
5. Intimacy With Him. God designed us to complement one another and one of the best ways to share in this design is through our sexual intimacy. As wives, we can love our husbands well by showing them that we honor our marriage while having a healthy and exciting sexual relationship filled with openness and affection to one another.
Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Corinthians 7:5 NIV
I continue to try to look for new ways to grow closer to my husband and realize this will be a lifelong journey I am excited to take.
I hope I have helped you see the value in loving your husband well while encouraging you to get creative in the ways you share and show love.
Wife Step: Pick one way to show your husband that you have made a new commitment to loving him well every day!
Connie is a faith-filled wife and mother, a virtual social assistant, and blogger. She hung up her corporate career in marketing to go on a quest to find the purpose that God has for her life. She needed a creative outlet in order to share all her passions, so she started Bless Your High Heels. She finds that the vulnerability aspect of blogging inspires others to step out on faith and trust in God.