10 Honest Ways to Show Love to Your Husband
Isn’t it true that as wives, one of our greatest desires is to have a more loving relationship with our spouse? What if I told you that all you really have to do is change one thing? And what if I told you it had nothing to do with your husband and everything to do with you?
You can’t change your husband. That can only come from the work of almighty God. But you can change you. The bottom line is this: a more loving relationship with your husband starts with you. You hold the key.
Here are 10 honest, intentional ways to show your husband you love him today!
- Pray for him every day. And not only that, tell him that you’re praying. It speaks volumes about your love for him.
- Help him. When he’s outside mowing or doing yard-work, bring him some tea or water. And while you’re at it, why not grab a lawn-chair and sit and watch him. That’s of course, if there isn’t anything you can do to help. It may sound silly, but our men love it when we watch them. It gives them a chance to show off for us.
- Coordinate a date night. Plan all the details and reservations. Can’t afford to go out? Set up a date night at home. Be creative.
- Do what he likes to do. Whether it’s going to Bass Pro Shop, sitting on the sofa watching football, or taking a hike, take time to do exactly what he wants. Make all about him.
- Admire him. It’s a fact. A man’s self-esteem is tied up in his performance at work, in bed and being a dad. Give him genuine praise.
- Never belittle him. When talking with friends or in a private conversation. Do not compare him with any other man, for any reason whatsoever. Instead, praise him. Be the difference when you’re with your girlfriends and they start making fun of their husbands.
- Avoid the temptation to interrupt him just so that you can express your standpoint. That could mean you are highlighting his flaws. If at all you want to make your point of view known to him, let things cool down, and then approach the matter gently. Remember the words I am sorry. They have the potency to diffuse a volatile situation. So many personal problems can be sorted out, if both partners acknowledge their mistakes and misunderstandings.
- Take interest in his work. It makes him feel valued. Trust me, he will be one happy man when he realizes you really want to know all about the kind of work he does.
- Accept him for who he is, not who you think he should be. We all have strengths and weaknesses, and that includes you. Learn to accept him with his flaws, and love him unconditionally.
- Touch him. Men love physical touch, and not just in bed. Show him you love him by kissing him at breakfast, holding his hand while you’re out doing errands and randomly touching his forearm.
Wife Step: Print these 10 Ways to Show Love to Your Husband and post it somewhere in your home where you can be reminded of them.
Shannon Geurin is a wife, mother, writer and speaker; but most of all she’s a fighter. She has learned what it takes to fight for her marriage and family. She is deeply passionate about empowering women to rise up through their circumstances and fight in order to find their greatest calling. Shannon loves serving an actively engaged “Fiercely His” community via her website www.shannongeurin.com. Her authentic, genuine style and courage to speak the truth is a breath of fresh air to her readers and is one of her greatest qualities. An Oklahoma girl at heart with the accent and “y’alls” to prove it, she currently resides in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. She graduated with a nursing degree from the University of Oklahoma, but spends her time sipping coffee, writing and doing what she loves most, taking care of her crazy family. Shannon has been married for more than 25 years to her husband John, and is Mom to two spirited daughters, Alex and Averee.
Connect with Shannon at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
Be the first to comment