The Strategy You Need to Create Your Vision as a Wife
Do you have a well defined understanding of the purpose and plans as a wife? Do you have clarity about what you value? About your goals or dreams about how you would like to become a better wife?
Without having a vision for wifehood, your walk as a wife will not be rooted with direction. Wisdom in the book of Proverbs says that the people perish without a vision. “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” – (Proverbs 29:18 KJV)
If you want your relationship with your husband to thrive, then you must have a plan to attain that goal.
Create a Vision for Wifehood
While we encourage you to create a vision for your marriage with your husband (stay tuned for that post!), taking the time to create a vision for your walk as a wife will add much benefit to your marriage. It will hold you accountable and remind you of the wife you desire to be for your husband.
- Grab your bible and read Proverbs 31: 10-31. *Don’t have a bible? We’d love to get you one! Email us and we’ll send you one!
- Pray, asking God to show you the top three areas that you should focus on as a wife.
- Write these three across the top of a piece of paper.
- Then, under each area, make a list of Applications – of HOW you will carry out these areas practically speaking, in everyday life. For example, if an area is that you will be a wife who respects her husband, you could do this by allowing him to voice his opinion and being encouraging of his thoughts; or by not changing something after he has already completed it or said something.
- Next, grab a new piece of paper and complete the following statement by inputing your three areas:
I am a wife that will ( INSERT #1 ), ( INSERT #2 ), and ( INSERT #3).
- Then, get practical in by listing how you will hold yourself accountable to your areas by listing your Applications.
I will do this by:
- ( INSERT APPLICATION )
- ( INSERT APPLICATION )
- ( Finish Applications)
- Post this Vision up where you will see it often!
The first thing God showed us about his character was His creativity when we spoke the world into existence and created everything. Continue to pray that God would inspire you to be the best wife you can be, and reference your vision frequently to remind you of your goal as a wife.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with, in the comment section write down your mission statement or your three words.
WIFE STEP: Complete the steps in this post!
What makes you the most excited about having a vision as a wife?
Misty Phillip is an author, blogger, and speaker. Misty believes a woman’s highest calling is to love God and make him known, by loving and serving her family and others with her God-given gifts and talents.
Misty is married to the love of her life and best friend, Peter Phillip, and together they have three amazing young men and are blessed with a precious daughter-in-law. Misty left her corporate career to homeschool her boys. As her boys have grown she began a new season of writing and speaking.
In 2011 Misty became involved in the pro-life movement speaking for Texas Right to Life soon after her son Liam was diagnosed with Trisomy 18. This life changing event launched Misty into the pro-life movement. Recently, she has joined Save the 1 as a National Pro-life speaker. Misty shares devotions on Christian Living, Faith, Home, Family and the books she loves at MistyPhillip.com– By His Grace – Seek Jesus, Study the Word, & Grow in Grace.